Saturday, August 14, 2010

Who Am I?


Well, first and foremost, I am a woman who loves the Lord with all of my heart. Spending time with Him is very important to me. The one thing I want to do most of all in my life, is to please my Heavenly Father, and to become more like Jesus with each passing day...

I am a caring and loving person with a great sense of humor. I love to laugh, but serious moments are a very good thing also, and sometimes much needed. I am not without faults, but I wont go into those right now.

My family is very important to me. I'm married, and I have 2 sons that I love very much. James is my oldest, and he keeps me hopping, and many times laughing. Michael is my youngest, and he also keeps me hopping, and laughing. They both keep a smile on my face.

I enjoy my friends, and spending what time I can with them, even if it is just a long talk on the phone. They all mean a lot to me. There are one or two friends here at myspace that I would love to meet in person, and spend some real time with, but that will have to be in God's timing, even if it is hard to wait.

I love the ocean type beach, and would love to visit one this summer. I also love taking my walks around the neighborhood, and no they are not meandering walks. I do it for exercise, so I go pretty fast, you'll just have to keep up with me. Sometimes when I go on my walks, I do go a little bit slower, and I take my camera along so I can take pictures. I've become a shutter bug here lately, and I'm enjoying every minute of it. Most of the time I just listen to music with my iPod when I walk, and at other times also.

What music do I like? Too many different kinds to name, but my favorite music is Contemporary Christian Music, along with Praise and Worship Music. It keeps my mind in a positive attitude. Sometimes I sing along with the music, and I am lifted up, because I am actively Praising The Lord.

I love to make cards, and other crafty things for friends, and people in my family. I enjoy it, and it's relaxing to me. It also makes me happy to give them something that I've created from the heart just for them. I love to be creative...

I like to read many types of books, or magazines, and I love to learn new things in this way. I enjoy reading to my boys every night, and they still enjoy it even though they are now in their teens. My favorite reading material is the Bible, although I do enjoy reading fiction, and non fiction books also. I like to read Science fiction, and fantasy books also, especially to the boys...it stretches their imagination.

I know how to play a couple of instruments, but have not practiced enough at either of them to say that I'm good at playing them. I played the flute from the time I was in 5th grade until I got out of high school, but didn't play much after that. I picked up the violin when my oldest son started to play a string instrument in 5th grade. I learned right along with the kids, and enjoyed every minute of it. I even volunteered with the school orchestra for 4 years, and loved every minute of it.

I work as a Substitute Educational Assistant, but hope to find a permanent position before December of this year is over. I enjoy helping children learn and succeed in the learning process. Although it is stressful at times, it's lots of fun to work with children.

Well, this is who I am, in a nut shell.  ttyl...ily...Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment