Thursday, August 12, 2010

Spiritual Awakening

Have you been wondering, "Lord, what is wrong with me?" Have you felt dry, or parched? Have you felt far away from God lately? Have you lost the joy of when you first met the Lord, and wondered how you can find your way back? There was a time in my life when all of these questions whirled around in my head, and I felt I would never find my way out of the hole that I'd fallen into. But, there is a way back, and I found it. You can find it also.

What I've found, is that the more time I spend with The Lord, the better off I am. I know, you're already thinking, but I don't have the time. I thought the same thing. You are wondering, how do I find the time? I wondered the same thing. But you know what? When we are obediant to what God wants us to do, there will always be the time. What does God want? He wants to be first in your life. When we make a conscious effort to make Him first in our life everything starts to fall into place.

How do you make Him first in your life? Well, I think that spending time in prayer, and talking to Him is a start. I'm not talking about the token prayer, where you just say God, I want, I want, I want...There is more to prayer than saying give me, give me, give me, all the time, but never listening to what he wants to tell us. Yes! listening is part of conversing with our Heavenly Father. If you haven't guessed it by now, prayer is a two way conversation. Ask Him what he wants to tell you. Ask Him to speak to you. You just might be surprised by what he does. He wants so badly to talk to you, and to tell you things. If you never listen, then how do you figure out what he really wants you to be doing with His life? Yes, I said His life. Why? Because from the minute you tell him to take over and you give Him the reigns, it is His life, and not yours.

We've talked about prayer, and listening to God and what he has to say, now lets add something on that might surprise you even more. Praising His Name...Yes, that's what I said. We need to praise Him, and thank Him for all that he is. He deserves our praise, and our thanks. When we are praising Him, our problems become smaller, and He becomes bigger. Did you know that He is bigger than any problem that we might be facing right now. I think that our praise of Him makes us stronger, and it clears our minds and helps us become focused on Him. Did you ever wonder why David praised God so much? Praising God puts things into proper perspective, and helps us to see that we are not alone. It also helps us to remember all of the other victories we've had in our lives, because God helped us make it through. It gives us the positive outlook that we need to make it through a rough time.

I can't go on without saying that, being in the word, and figuring out for ourselves what it really means to us is a very important part of finding our way back. We need to be reading, studying, and hiding the scripture in our hearts. Yes, studying, and memorization are part of all of it. If you don't have the word of God in your heart, and it's not a part of your life, you are missing a very vital weapon that you can use to fight the attacks of satan with. Remember when Jesus was being tested in the wilderness, before he started his ministry? He used scripture in every case. He used the words "It is written" when he was going through the tests.

Again, I bet you are wondering, how do I find the time to do all of that. You don't find the time.....Yes, you heard me. You don't FIND the time. What do you do then? Well, I'm glad you asked. You MAKE the time. Yes, that's what I said. You MAKE the time. How do I make the time...? Well, let me tell you. You use your time in the shower wisely. Sing praise to Him in the shower, you could even pray in the shower. Talk to Him through out the day. Have a song go through your head while you're working. Get up a little earlier, and do some reading and studying, or you could go to bed a little later at night instead. Write verses down on 3 x 5 cards and carry them with you, take them out and study the verse on the card, so as to memorize it. Put on some of your favorite praise and worship music while you are doing your house work, or while you are working out in the yard. Sing along with it if you feel comfortable with that. There are many more things that you could do. This is just a start. Be creative in making time to spend with God, He will enjoy it, and so will you. Before long you will get to a point where you can't do without it, which is as it should be.

God's waiting...! Go meet with Him and spend some much needed time with Him...He loves you and he misses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment