Saturday, August 14, 2010

Scriptures Of Comfort, and Encouragement




About God's Comfort:


Psalm 34:17-18

The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.



2 Corinthians 1:3-5

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort

Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.



Psalm 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.



Here are some other verses of encouragement to read.



Isaiah 26:3

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.



Psalm 91:2

I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.



Psalm 91:4

He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.



Psalm 91:15

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.



Psalm 103:11-12

For ad the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.



Psalm 103:17

But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children.



Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you , saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.



John 10:10

The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.



Romans 8:1

There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.



Romans 8:26

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.



Romans 8:28

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose.



Romans 8:31

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?



Romans 8:38-39

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.



Philippians 1:6

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:


Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.



Philippians 4:19

But my God shall supply all you need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.



These are verses that have helped me, and I thought I would share them, so that others could be encouraged by them. What I did with them, is I wrote them out on Index cards, and I took those index cards out and read them every night... Sometimes out loud, and sometimes just to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment