Monday, June 10, 2013

Change

This is a year of change in our family.  I am so excited about all of the things that are happening.  My son Michael turned 18 in April, and in a few short days he will be graduating from High School.  This in and of it self is such an accomplishment.  School was not his best subject.  If you get my drift here.  I always had troubles getting him to do his school work.  If it was homework, he would do it at home, no problem, be he wouldn't bring school work home and finish it if he didn't finish it at school.  I'm still trying to teach him to be a self starter at tasks, and things that need to be done, other than playing video games on the computer.

I'm looking forward to Michael finding a job, and getting started on his adult life.  I want him to have a good start, and to be respected by others.  He just took his last and only final today, and he has the rest of his life ahead of him to be the man of God that I know that God is making him to be.  I'm looking forward to seeing where he is in 5 years, maybe even 10.

My oldest son is moved out, and is starting out on a life independent of mom and dad.  He will be moving into his first apartment with his fiance in a few short weeks.  I about a year from now he will be walking down the isle to get married.  It's hard to believe that the son I used to hold in my arms, and rock to sleep every night will be getting married.

I am so proud of him, and what he has accomplished.  He has a wonderful job working at Alaska USA Credit Union.  He is learning the ins and outs of banking, and how to do what a teller at this credit union does.  He still has a lot to learn but has come a long way.  I am so looking forward to seeing what he and his soon to be wife's life will look like in 5 years, maybe even 10.

God has been so good to me and my family.  I am so proud of my boys, and what the Lord has done in their lives, and I am so looking forward to seeing what he will do in the future.  I pray that he will continue to work in each of their lives, and that they will both be open to His leading.  I pray that God will bless both of my sons, and that he would make them men of God, and men after God's own heart, like David was.

Thank you Lord!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi julie! This is my first visit to your blog.

    Congratulations on the wonderful things your boys are doing! You have had a challenge with both of them, and look how well it's turning out. What a beautiful blessing.

    I'm going to 'join' your blog and see how God is moving in your life!

    Peace in Christ,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete